See behind the scenes at Barkingside Police Station at open day on Sunday
- Credit: Archant
Barkingside Police Station is opening up to the public on Sunday to give people a behind-the-scenes glimpse of crime fighting.
Visitors will be able to watch public order and riot demonstrations, see protective equipment, fingerprint taking, patrol cars and have tours.
Advice will be on hand from police officers, Safer Transport Teams and careers officers.
Residents can also talk to local police about problems in their area and ask questions about the new policing model introduced last week.
Opening hours at the station, in High Street, have been reduced as part of the restructure of the Metropolitan Police.
You may also want to watch:
Cyclists can get their bikes security marked for free and join the bike register at the event.
The open day will run on Sunday from 10-4pm.
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 5 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 6 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 7 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 8 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 9 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 10 Man dies after fall near Hainault station