Security stepped up after lead stolen from Redbridge Town Hall roof
Security has been stepped up at Redbridge Town Hall after lead was stolen from its roof.
The theft from the building in High Road, Ilford, happened in early December.
A spokesman for Redbridge Council said additional security measures have been put in place to prevent repeat offences.
The lead has been replaced with a “substitute” that costs less.
Lead thieves have struck a number of buildings in the area, including St Mary the Virgin Church, also in High Road.
You may also want to watch:
It has had two such thefts in the last year, with �6,000 of lead being stolen on the most recent occasion.
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 5 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 6 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 7 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 8 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 9 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 10 Man dies after fall near Hainault station