Security stepped up after lead stolen from Redbridge Town Hall roof
Security has been stepped up at Redbridge Town Hall after lead was stolen from its roof.
The theft from the building in High Road, Ilford, happened in early December.
A spokesman for Redbridge Council said additional security measures have been put in place to prevent repeat offences.
The lead has been replaced with a “substitute” that costs less.
Lead thieves have struck a number of buildings in the area, including St Mary the Virgin Church, also in High Road.
You may also want to watch:
It has had two such thefts in the last year, with �6,000 of lead being stolen on the most recent occasion.
- 1 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 2 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 New trees to be planted at Fairlop Waters
- 5 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 6 Former Met worker sentenced for stealing lost property cash
- 7 Woodford Green pupil reaches final of national science and engineering competition
- 8 'Beyond my wildest dreams': Redbridge tutor receives MBE
- 9 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 10 Man jailed after gun and cocaine worth £1m found at Ilford home