Scott’s sponsor struggle
Motor racer Malvern is desperate for new funding.
YOUNG BARKINGSIDE Motor Racing star Scott Malvern has admitted that his career is in danger of stalling this season as his sponsors struggle with cash flow difficulties.
Last year he came frustratingly close to winning the Dunlop MSA Formula Ford Championship of Great Britain scoring more championship points than any of his rivals, but narrowly losing out on the title because of the dropped score rule.
At the end of his remarkable season he was elected to the prestigious British Racing Drivers Club and was selected as one of six finalists of the McLaren Autosport BRDC Young Driver of the Year competition.
But with problems raising money, Malvern could be forced to miss out the current campaign.
You may also want to watch:
“All of my sponsors have been fantastic in their support to date, but it’s so tough for everyone right now,” he said.
“They are suffering cash flow problems as they wait to be paid by creditors in a similar position. This means that we are unable to do a deal to race this year which is very frustrating after all the momentum that we’ve built up in my first two seasons.
- 1 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 2 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 3 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 4 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 5 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 6 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 9 Life sentence for Chigwell man convicted of murder
- 10 Council left homeless family 'stuck in cycle of instability', report finds
“It’s vital to try to keep going in this industry otherwise people tend to forget about you.
“We are trying very hard to find an alternative source of funding and we actually don’t need very much to get started as I’m confident that my regular sponsors will be back on board as soon as things improve.”
If anyone is interested in sponsoring Scott you can get in touch via his website, http://www.scottmalvern.com/index.htm.