Scott’s drive may earn him new deal
Malvern lined up to join Dunlop MSA Formula Ford Champions
BARKINGSIDE motor racer Scott Malvern looks set to join up with five times Dunlop MSA Formula Ford Champions, Jamun Racing Services, after impressing team manager James Mundy during a test drive.
Malvern, who worked with his prospective new team as a race engineer in the 2008 season, was used as a test driver to gain vital track data on the new circuit layout at Snetterton in Norfolk, which hosts rounds seven, eight and nine of the Championship in May.
Mundy was full of praise for the former Cliff Dempsey Racing driver’s ability and hinted that he could be offered a full race deal for 2011.
“I’d definitely love to have Scott on board this year and in our car you’d have to make him the championship favourite,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“He’d fit in really well too as he knows everybody from his time here as a mechanic in 2008.
“His mechanical and engineering knowledge combined with his driving and analytical skills make him the complete package and really if it wasn’t for his financial handicap he’d be in a Formula 3 or even a Formula 2 car this season. He easily has the talent.”
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 5 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 6 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 7 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
- 8 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
To sponsor Malvern in 2011 or gain more information visit www.scottmalvern.com or call his management team on 07890 117414.