Scott’s drive may earn him new deal
Malvern lined up to join Dunlop MSA Formula Ford Champions
BARKINGSIDE motor racer Scott Malvern looks set to join up with five times Dunlop MSA Formula Ford Champions, Jamun Racing Services, after impressing team manager James Mundy during a test drive.
Malvern, who worked with his prospective new team as a race engineer in the 2008 season, was used as a test driver to gain vital track data on the new circuit layout at Snetterton in Norfolk, which hosts rounds seven, eight and nine of the Championship in May.
Mundy was full of praise for the former Cliff Dempsey Racing driver’s ability and hinted that he could be offered a full race deal for 2011.
“I’d definitely love to have Scott on board this year and in our car you’d have to make him the championship favourite,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“He’d fit in really well too as he knows everybody from his time here as a mechanic in 2008.
“His mechanical and engineering knowledge combined with his driving and analytical skills make him the complete package and really if it wasn’t for his financial handicap he’d be in a Formula 3 or even a Formula 2 car this season. He easily has the talent.”
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Chadwell Heath academy
- 2 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 3 Police and council join forces to help raise Covid awareness
- 4 Council must pay £4,500 for failing disabled brothers
- 5 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 6 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 9 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 10 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
To sponsor Malvern in 2011 or gain more information visit www.scottmalvern.com or call his management team on 07890 117414.