Schoolgirl author Lilly Say still can’t believe success off her book
- Credit: Archant
People Book Prize nominated author Lilly Say looks elated as she shows off her book Sugar and Spice and All Things Nice at a bookstore in Woodford Green.
Readers originally believed that the book’s author was a grandmother, and a wife of 50 years, Hilda Poppit.
However, Miss Say was forced to come clean and reveal she was the author after being shortlisted for the prestigious People’s Book Prize Spring 2014.
Actor Mark Killeen, who appears in long-running TV hit, Game of Thrones, also attended the book signing at the Village Bookshop in High Road earlier this month.
Speaking after the event, Miss Say said: “It was an amazing day, I am still finding it hard to believe that people want to buy my book, and have come out to support me, and then Mark Killeen came as well, to be honest it still feels like a dream.
You may also want to watch:
“After today, the next step is to hopefully win the Peoples Book Prize, which my book is a finalist in, so fingers crossed.”
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 8 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines