School pupils almost hit while waiting at bus stop in two-car Ilford High Road smash
Pupils waiting at a bus stop were narrowly missed after two cars mounted the pavement with one car ploughing into a bus stop, according to a passerby.
The crash happened in High Road, Ilford at about 4.30pm this afternoon.
Jamie Millbery, 22, a learning support assistant at the Palmer Catholic Academy, Aldborough Road South, Seven Kings said: “Two of my students were at the bus stop. The girl that was standing closest to the cars ran down the road, the cars were coming fast so it was lucky that she did run.”
Both cars were travelling on the opposite side of the road and swerved into the oncoming traffic before mounting the pavement.
Mr Millbery said: “I was on my way to the bus stop, I was shocked.
You may also want to watch:
James Fenton, 16, a student at the Palmer Catholic Academy, was crossing the road when the crash happened.
He said: “I was just walking my little brother across the road, then I heard a smash and looked to the right and heard the tyres squeal and the smoke and then heard the bang.”
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 5 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 6 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 8 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 9 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 10 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said: “We sent a first responder on a motorbike and an ambulance.
“We treated one woman, reported to be in her 50s, for a head injury and took her to Whipps Cross Hospital.”