Santa set to visit Christmas Fayre at Woodford County High in fundraiser for Haven House
Santa’s coming to town at a Christmas Fayre packed full of treats for young and old, which will be raising money for a children’s hospice.
The fayre at Woodford County High School on Sunday will boast everything from a pamper room and a tarot reader, to craft stalls, a bouncy castle and tasty food.
It has been arranged by a community fundraising committee which is supporting Haven House Children’s Hospice, in High Road, Woodford Green.
Explaining the reason for supporting the hospice, committee chairman Heulwen Evans, of South Woodford, said: “I wanted to get involved in my own community.
“I read about Haven House and realised it’s just 10 minutes walk from my home.
You may also want to watch:
“I contacted them and it went from there.
“It’s an amazing place.”
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals
- 8 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan
The fair at the school in High Road, Woodford Green is from noon-4pm.
There is a suggested entry donation of £2 for adults and £1 for children.