Santa set to visit Christmas Fayre at Woodford County High in fundraiser for Haven House
Santa’s coming to town at a Christmas Fayre packed full of treats for young and old, which will be raising money for a children’s hospice.
The fayre at Woodford County High School on Sunday will boast everything from a pamper room and a tarot reader, to craft stalls, a bouncy castle and tasty food.
It has been arranged by a community fundraising committee which is supporting Haven House Children’s Hospice, in High Road, Woodford Green.
Explaining the reason for supporting the hospice, committee chairman Heulwen Evans, of South Woodford, said: “I wanted to get involved in my own community.
“I read about Haven House and realised it’s just 10 minutes walk from my home.
You may also want to watch:
“I contacted them and it went from there.
“It’s an amazing place.”
- 1 Medical student who helped injured biker calls for more first aid training
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 4 Woman and children treated for smoke inhalation after Ilford flat fire
- 5 Panel finds ex-police officer would have been sacked for neighbour comments
- 6 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 7 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 8 Letter: High-density housing plans in Redbridge
- 9 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 10 Primary school creates memorial garden for pupils to remember loved ones
The fair at the school in High Road, Woodford Green is from noon-4pm.
There is a suggested entry donation of £2 for adults and £1 for children.