Rush hour chaos for Ilford commuters on Greater Anglia trains
Delays and cancellations on Greater Anglia trains caused chaos for Ilford commuters this morning.
The Shenfield to Liverpool Street service, which calls at Chadwell Heath, Goodmayes, Seven Kings and Ilford, is currently delayed by up to 10 minutes, according to the operator’s Twitter account.
The 8.50am service from Ilford was cancelled because the train driver was “unavailable”.
Around the same time, a passenger pulled the communication cord at on a train at Maryland station.
The service was stopped while the problem was investigated.
You may also want to watch:
Overcrowding on trains slowed journeys down further, causing passengers to vent their frustration on Twitter.
Sarah Tarling wrote: “There are too many passengers at every station and the driver can’t shut the doors..this is a shambles.”
- 1 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 2 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 3 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 7 Iain Duncan Smith reveals death threat as MPs pay tribute to 'unfailingly kind' colleague
- 8 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
Maxine Amoasi told Greater Anglia to “sort it out”. She added: “Why do we have to travel like this on a daily basis?”
A Greater Anglia spokesman said drivers had been “displaced” due to an earlier train fault.