Royal baby: Kate goes into labour
- Credit: PA
The Duchess of Cambridge has been admitted to St Mary’s Hospital in London in the early stages of labour, Kensington Palace said today.
She travelled by car from Kensington Palace to the Lindo Wing of the hospital with the Duke of Cambridge.
Kate is being tended by a top medical team led by the Queen’s former gynaecologist Marcus Setchell, who delivered the Countess of Wessex’s two children.
Assisting him is Alan Farthing, the former fiance of murdered TV presenter Jill Dando and the Queen’s current gynaecologist.
The world’s press have been camped outside St Mary’s in Paddington for days in anticipation of the birth.
You may also want to watch:
The hospital’s Lindo wing is a private obstetric unit, with prices starting at just under £5,000 for a normal delivery package over 24 hours, with consultants’ fees around £6,000 extra depending on the care required.
Prices increase if the delivery is a difficult one or the mother has a caesarean section.
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 5 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 6 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 7 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 8 King George Hospital gets new ultrasound rooms and upgraded machines
- 9 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 10 Former Homebase development plans approved
But Kate is intending to have a natural birth, and does not know whether she is going to have a boy or girl.