Route changes announced for buses travelling along Eastern Avenue
A change in the route a number of buses use when travelling along Eastern Avenue has been announced by Transport for London (TfL).
Buses will no longer enter Redbridge Tube station forecourt and exit through Redbridge Lane East, Redbridge.
Instead, eastbound services will now travel directly from Redbridge roundabout, Redbridge and stop in Eastern Avenue, avoiding what TfL describe as a “double run”.
The amendment comes after Redbridge Roundabout Action Group (REDRAG) appealed to Havering and Redbridge London Assembly member Roger Evans to help ease congestion caused by the current route.
The changes will affect the routes of the 66, 145, 366 and N8 buses.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Evans believes the new route, trialed last year, will “reduce congestion in Redbridge Lane East and improve reliability of bus routes”.
Works including replacing bus stops, raising kerbs and widening pavements will begin on Monday, June 11 from 9.30am-4pm on weekdays.
- 1 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 2 Ilford GP criticises NHS patient data sharing plans
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 Ilford's Mercato Metropolitano to open in November
- 5 Man with Hainault links wanted on recall to prison
- 6 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 7 Man jailed after gun and cocaine worth £1m found at Ilford home
- 8 Pupils prepare for summer singing festival at Kenneth More Theatre
- 9 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 10 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
The new route will take affect from Saturday, June 30.