Romain’s empire is with Daggers!

THE January transfer window is open and the vultures are circling, but rumours linking Daggers midfield linchpin Romain Vincelot with a move away from Victoria Road appear wide of the mark.

The 25-year-old has been in fine form for Dagenham & Redbridge this season with six goals in 21 league appearances, the most recent coming in Saturday’s 2-1 defeat to Brentford.

But Vincelot insists he does not let media speculation distract him and when asked whether he was happy at the club, the Frenchman responded emphatically.

“Yeah, I enjoy it, I really enjoy it and I try to give my best for the club,” he said.

“I really don’t know because everybody tells me that there is interest, but I don’t know.


You may also want to watch:


“At the moment I really don’t care what talking there is, I just focus on Dagenham and the talent we have.”

That will be music to the ears of Daggers’ fans who must have feared the worst with whispers of interest from London rivals Charlton and Millwall.

Most Read

Reiterated

Manager John Still reiterated his midfielder’s claims that the rumours were simply just that and no offers had been made for any of his players.

Still also confirmed the club are under no pressure to sell and that he would be looking to strengthen the squad to aid their battle against the drop.

“No-one’s for sale and I’d always stress that. We don’t make players available for transfer and no-one’s for sale, what I can’t do is stop people enquiring about the players,” said Still adamantly.

“If they enquire about the players and the valuation of the club is met by the team then it goes to me and the chairman or me and the board to decide if that’s right, but at the moment there have been no offers, so I’ll just wait and see.

“There’s certainly no pressure from above, we’ll treat everything on its merits. If an offer comes in and we think it’s acceptable then we talk about it and we talk to the player, it’s vitally important that we do that, we’ve always done that and that won’t change.

“We have made offers for two players. One was accepted, one was turned down.

“The one that was accepted, our wages are too low for the player, so that one won’t run, but we’ll keep trying.”

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus