Rogue firework cause of Barkingside blaze
A rogue firework could be the cause of a blaze in the entrance to flats in Barkingside this morning.
Crews from Ilford and Hainault were called to Repton Grove, Barkingside at 12.15pm to put out the flames in an entrance to Repton Court.
No one had to be rescued during the incident, which was quickly dealt with by fire fighters.
One firefighter from Hainault station, who did not want be named, said: “It was only a little fire where the entrance was caught on fire.
“It was probably caused by a firework.”
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews are gearing up to the busiest weekend of the year next week, with Guy Fawkes night on November 5.
- 1 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 2 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 5 Ilford MP Wes Streeting is cancer-free after successful operation
- 6 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 7 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 10 Women use experiences to offer safety insights about Redbridge