Rogue firework cause of Barkingside blaze
A rogue firework could be the cause of a blaze in the entrance to flats in Barkingside this morning.
Crews from Ilford and Hainault were called to Repton Grove, Barkingside at 12.15pm to put out the flames in an entrance to Repton Court.
No one had to be rescued during the incident, which was quickly dealt with by fire fighters.
One firefighter from Hainault station, who did not want be named, said: “It was only a little fire where the entrance was caught on fire.
“It was probably caused by a firework.”
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews are gearing up to the busiest weekend of the year next week, with Guy Fawkes night on November 5.
- 1 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 2 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 3 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 4 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 5 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 7 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 8 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 9 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 10 Anti-hate crime workshops to be delivered in Redbridge