Rogue firework cause of Barkingside blaze
A rogue firework could be the cause of a blaze in the entrance to flats in Barkingside this morning.
Crews from Ilford and Hainault were called to Repton Grove, Barkingside at 12.15pm to put out the flames in an entrance to Repton Court.
No one had to be rescued during the incident, which was quickly dealt with by fire fighters.
One firefighter from Hainault station, who did not want be named, said: “It was only a little fire where the entrance was caught on fire.
“It was probably caused by a firework.”
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews are gearing up to the busiest weekend of the year next week, with Guy Fawkes night on November 5.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 4 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation