Rockney legend Chas Hodges entertains Haven House children
Chas Hodges, one half of singing act Chas and Dave, entertained children at a Woodford Green hospice on Wednesday of last week.
Chas led an impromptu sing-along during his visit to Haven House Children’s hospice in High Road.
It came ahead of Children’s Hospice week, which runs from Friday to May 25, and he toured the hospice to learn about the vital support provided by staff.
He said: “I was bowled over, the work they do there is just remarkable.
“Playing music for the kids and their families was a great way to spend a rainy afternoon and I can’t wait to go back there and get more involved.”
You may also want to watch:
The singer, responsible for ‘rockney’ tunes including Rabbit and Snooker Loopy with partner David ‘Dave’ Peacock, has recorded a charity single for the hospice.
Got my Tickets for the Darts is available to download on iTunes in time for the Premier League Darts play-offs on Friday.
- 1 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 2 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 Former Met worker sentenced for stealing lost property cash
- 5 New trees to be planted at Fairlop Waters
- 6 Woodford Green pupil reaches final of national science and engineering competition
- 7 'Beyond my wildest dreams': Redbridge tutor receives MBE
- 8 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 9 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 10 Redbridge pupils shortlisted in competition to design Olympic Park pavilion
Mike Palfreman, Haven House’s chief executive, said: “Chas’ visit was a huge boost to the children.”