Rockney legend Chas Hodges entertains Haven House children
Chas Hodges, one half of singing act Chas and Dave, entertained children at a Woodford Green hospice on Wednesday of last week.
Chas led an impromptu sing-along during his visit to Haven House Children’s hospice in High Road.
It came ahead of Children’s Hospice week, which runs from Friday to May 25, and he toured the hospice to learn about the vital support provided by staff.
He said: “I was bowled over, the work they do there is just remarkable.
“Playing music for the kids and their families was a great way to spend a rainy afternoon and I can’t wait to go back there and get more involved.”
You may also want to watch:
The singer, responsible for ‘rockney’ tunes including Rabbit and Snooker Loopy with partner David ‘Dave’ Peacock, has recorded a charity single for the hospice.
Got my Tickets for the Darts is available to download on iTunes in time for the Premier League Darts play-offs on Friday.
- 1 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 2 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 3 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 4 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 5 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 6 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 7 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 8 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new café in Redbridge
- 9 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 10 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
Mike Palfreman, Haven House’s chief executive, said: “Chas’ visit was a huge boost to the children.”