Police appeal after motorcyclist found dead in ditch in Woodford Green
- Credit: PA images
A motorcyclist found dead in a ditch is believed to have been involved in a fatal collision.
Police are appealing for witnesses following a fatal accident in Chingford Lane, Woodford Green, in the early hours of the morning.
Officers were called at 3.19am at the junction between Chingford Lane and Montalt Road after a motorcyclist was found in a ditch.
The man, believed to be in his 30s, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Officers believe the incident happened two hours earlier around 1.20am and an investigation has opened.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who saw what happened is urged to get in touch with the Serious Collision Investigation Unit’s dedicated witness line at Chadwell Heath Traffic Garage on 020 8597 4874.
- 1 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 2 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 3 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 4 Ilford business owners adjust to new world on reopening
- 5 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 6 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 7 Redbridge leisure centres reopen after latest easing of restrictions
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 9 Physical and mental health long-Covid rehab programme launches in Ilford
- 10 Temporary post office to open in South Woodford