Photos: Revellers enjoy live music and food at Wanstead Festival 2021
- Credit: Ken Mears
Christchurch Green was alive with activity at the weekend as the Wanstead Festival returned with a bang.
Attendees soaked up the Sunday sun as they enjoyed live music and a range of food and drink.
The annual festival, run by Vision Redbridge Culture and Leisure, this year featured an art trail, craft hub, workshops for children and wandering performers.
Festivalgoers enjoyed a range of musical acts on the main stage, including Zac Hurst, Silver Spuds and Hard 2 Please.
This year’s festival also had a green twist, with the council closing down Wanstead High Street for the day to showcase its sustainability initiatives.
You may also want to watch:
The festival lies in the middle of the Wanstead Fringe, which continues until Sunday, September 19.
Fringe events include tours of the crypts of St Mary’s church, an outdoor cinema at Wanstead Cricket Club, a series of comedy shows and a reading and Q&A from children’s author and CBBC actor Joseph Elliott.
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 3 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 8 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 9 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 10 'Very challenging': Ilford businesses still struggling months after return