Revamped Longwood Gardens Post Office officially opened to public
- Credit: Archant
MP Lee Scott and Subpostmaster Raj Kumar have celebrated the opening of a new-look Post Office in Longwood Parade.
MP Lee Scott and Subpostmaster Raj Kumar open new-look Post Office in Longwood Parade.
The newly refurbished Post Office includes three serving positions and a new-style, open plan counter.
The branch is now open from Monday to Sunday 6.30am to 8pm - an increase of 48 hours a week.
Mr Scott, MP for Ilford North, said: “Everyone knows how important the Post Office is in our local communities and I am delighted to have the opportunity to officially open the new-look Longwood Parade Post Office.
You may also want to watch:
“The modern premises and longer opening hours will be warmly welcomed by all residents who can now access Post Office services for longer seven days a week.”
Mr Kumar, who runs the branch, said the Post Office has been transformed.
- 1 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 2 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 3 16-year-old arrested after woman reports sexual assault in South Woodford
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 7 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 8 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Hainault community garden gets £85k for 'ecotherapy' scheme
“All the hard work has been worth it,” he said at last week’s event.