Residents set to enjoy live entertainment and more at Woodford Green hospice’s summer fayre
A children’s hospice is set to hold its summer fayre.
Haven House will open its doors to residents on July 6 and host a variety of activities.
The hospice provides specialist care for children who have life limiting conditions and who are unlikely to reach adulthood.
However, it is a place for children to live as fully as they possibly can.
The event, taking place at the hospice’s base in High Road, Woodford Green, will feature live entertainment including a local pop choir and other singers.
You may also want to watch:
For tennis fans there will be a live screening of the Wimbledon final and activities for children will include a bouncy castle, trampolines and a pirate ship playground.
Mike Palfreman, chief executive of Haven House, said: “The summer fayre will have a different feel this year, bringing a bit of the festival scene to Woodford Green.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 8 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan
“It looks set to be a fun day out for local families, and in turn, raises vital funds to help support local life-limited children and their families.”
Entry is £2 minimum and organisers are currently looking for volunteers to help on the day.
For more information on the fayre or volunteering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8506 3637.