Resident consultation for Redbridge schools expansion plans
Cabinet members agreed to take plans to expand five schools in the borough to consultation last night.
An extra 600 permanent places could be introduced at Beal High School in Woodford Bridge Road, Redbridge from September 2013 by demolishing and rebuilding existing structures on a larger scale.
There are also plans to enlarge four primary schools at reception age from September 2012 as the council responds to increasing demand for places
• Christchurch Primary School in Wellesley Road, Ilford
You may also want to watch:
• Grove Primary School in Chadwell Heath Lane, Chadwell Heath
• Mayespark Primary School in Goodmayes Lane, Goodmayes
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 3 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 4 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 5 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 6 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 7 Cycling access extended at Wanstead Park
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 9 Oxford student bids to improve top university access for state school pupils
- 10 Former Woodford Police Station could become office space
• Mossford Green Primary School in Fairlop Road, Barkingside
Works would see extra teaching accommodation built as well as improvements made to infrastructure.
Residents living near schools will now be asked for their seal of approval on the proposals and will receive leaflets following the decision made at a meeting held at Ilford Town Hall in High Road, Ilford.
The consultation will open tomorrow (Friday June 17) and runs until July 15 and there is also an option to comment online by visiting www.redbridge .gov.uk.
Alan Weinberg, cabinet member for children’s services said: “This is another example of meeting the ever increasing demand for school places in the borough.”
The possibility of an additional 600 places at Mayfield School in Pedley Road, Goodmayes and 300 places at Woodbridge High School in St Barnabas Road, Woodford Green is also being explored.