Resident consultation for Redbridge schools expansion plans
Cabinet members agreed to take plans to expand five schools in the borough to consultation last night.
An extra 600 permanent places could be introduced at Beal High School in Woodford Bridge Road, Redbridge from September 2013 by demolishing and rebuilding existing structures on a larger scale.
There are also plans to enlarge four primary schools at reception age from September 2012 as the council responds to increasing demand for places
• Christchurch Primary School in Wellesley Road, Ilford
You may also want to watch:
• Grove Primary School in Chadwell Heath Lane, Chadwell Heath
• Mayespark Primary School in Goodmayes Lane, Goodmayes
- 1 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 2 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 3 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 4 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 5 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 6 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 7 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 8 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
• Mossford Green Primary School in Fairlop Road, Barkingside
Works would see extra teaching accommodation built as well as improvements made to infrastructure.
Residents living near schools will now be asked for their seal of approval on the proposals and will receive leaflets following the decision made at a meeting held at Ilford Town Hall in High Road, Ilford.
The consultation will open tomorrow (Friday June 17) and runs until July 15 and there is also an option to comment online by visiting www.redbridge .gov.uk.
Alan Weinberg, cabinet member for children’s services said: “This is another example of meeting the ever increasing demand for school places in the borough.”
The possibility of an additional 600 places at Mayfield School in Pedley Road, Goodmayes and 300 places at Woodbridge High School in St Barnabas Road, Woodford Green is also being explored.