Redbridge residents urged to apply for big bulb giveaway to brighten up community
- Credit: Archant
Redbridge residents are being encouraged to apply for the council’s bright bulb giveaway to brighten up local communities.
Following last year’s success, the neighbourhood team will be giving away 40,000 spring bulbs this autumn ahead of the borough-wide Bulb Planting Weekend between October 16-18.
Available bulbs include daffodils, dwarf-size daffodils, tulips, crocuses, snowdrops and grape hyacinths.
Bulbs must be planted in an area which can be enjoyed by the local community, and not on private land, grass verges, grassed areas or tree pits. Approval will have to be given to plant on council land that is not highways (such as housing sites).
The deadline for requests — granted on a first-come-first-served basis — is Sunday September 20.
You may also want to watch:
Community groups, residents, gardening clubs and schools can request bulbs online by visiting eforms.redbridge.gov.uk/community-bulb-planting-application-form/.
All bulbs will be delviered in time for October’s Planting Weekend.
- 1 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 2 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 3 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 4 Ilford business owners adjust to new world on reopening
- 5 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 6 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 7 Physical and mental health long-Covid rehab programme launches in Ilford
- 8 Temporary post office to open in South Woodford
- 9 Redbridge leisure centres reopen after latest easing of restrictions
- 10 BHRUT in capsule trial for detecting colorectal cancer