Remembrance Day: Thousands expected at services today
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of people are expected to attend Remembrance Day services across Redbridge this morning to pay their respects to those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice in war.
The main service will be at the Ilford War Memorial, Eastern Avenue, Newbury Park, which the Mayor and Deputy Mayor of Redbridge will be attending - see below for details.
Click on the Remembrance Day panel on the home page for more features about Remembrance Day in the borough, as well as video, galleries and a five-minute guide to tracing your First World War relatives.
The Ilford recorder will have reporters and photographers at services across the borough but we need your pictures too. The best ones will feature on our websites and in our print editions.
Check back later for coverage of today’s events.
You may also want to watch:
Where the services will take place:
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
- 3 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 4 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 5 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 6 Lorry driver cleared over elderly couple's crash deaths, inquest hears
- 7 Clouds, rain and sunny intervals: East London weather forecast this week
- 8 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 9 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 10 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
At 10.50am, dignitaries, veterans and residents will join the civic service of remembrance at the Ilford War Memorial, Eastern Avenue, Newbury Park. The Mayor and Deputy Mayor of Redbridge will be attending.
At 12.30pm there will be a service of remembrance at Wanstead War Memorial, High Street, Wanstead. The Deputy Mayor of Redbridge will be attending.
At 11am tomorrow, there will be another service of remembrance at the Gardens of Remembrance, Snaresbrook Road. The Deputy Mayor of Redbridge will be attending.
Also at 11am tomorrow, there will be a service organised by Fairlop Heritage Group at Fairlop Waters Country Park, Forest Road, Barkingside. The Mayor of Redbridge will be attending.