Remembrance Day: Thousands expected at services today
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of people are expected to attend Remembrance Day services across Redbridge this morning to pay their respects to those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice in war.
The main service will be at the Ilford War Memorial, Eastern Avenue, Newbury Park, which the Mayor and Deputy Mayor of Redbridge will be attending - see below for details.
Click on the Remembrance Day panel on the home page for more features about Remembrance Day in the borough, as well as video, galleries and a five-minute guide to tracing your First World War relatives.
The Ilford recorder will have reporters and photographers at services across the borough but we need your pictures too. The best ones will feature on our websites and in our print editions.
Check back later for coverage of today’s events.
You may also want to watch:
Where the services will take place:
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 5 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 6 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 7 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 8 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 9 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 10 Jailed: Newbury Park man for 'ludicrous' bid to defraud employer of £670k
At 10.50am, dignitaries, veterans and residents will join the civic service of remembrance at the Ilford War Memorial, Eastern Avenue, Newbury Park. The Mayor and Deputy Mayor of Redbridge will be attending.
At 12.30pm there will be a service of remembrance at Wanstead War Memorial, High Street, Wanstead. The Deputy Mayor of Redbridge will be attending.
At 11am tomorrow, there will be another service of remembrance at the Gardens of Remembrance, Snaresbrook Road. The Deputy Mayor of Redbridge will be attending.
Also at 11am tomorrow, there will be a service organised by Fairlop Heritage Group at Fairlop Waters Country Park, Forest Road, Barkingside. The Mayor of Redbridge will be attending.