Remembrance Day 2017: Share your stories
- Credit: Archant
Remembrance Day 2017 is fast approaching and the Recorder is seeking personal stories – which have not been shared with us before – to complement our coverage.
Did you serve with the armed forces? Or was one of your ancestors a soldier, nurse, or home front worker?
Whether modern or historic stories, we would love to hear from you, and tales from less well known conflicts are also welcome, as are experiences of non-combat roles, such as from young people who are cadets, or adults who work with veterans.
If you would like to share a story, please contact Beth Wyatt by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 020 8477 3988.
Our coverage will also include publicising commemorative services due to take place around the borough on Remembrance Sunday and Armistice Day.
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the Royal British Legion’s Poppy Appeal 2017, keep an eye on the website as events are announced: britishlegion.org.uk.
- 1 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 2 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 3 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 4 Ilford business owners adjust to new world on reopening
- 5 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 6 Redbridge leisure centres reopen after latest easing of restrictions
- 7 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 9 Physical and mental health long-Covid rehab programme launches in Ilford
- 10 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening