Remembrance Day 2017: Full list of Redbridge services
- Credit: Archant
Soldiers past and present will be in the community’s thoughts next weekend, as a number of services are held to mark Remembrance Day.
Traditional commemorations are due to take place across the borough on November 11 and 12.
Read our round-up below for all the details.
Saturday, November 11
South Woodford: Dedication of the Field of Remembrance, High Road. Guests are asked to meet at St Mary’s Church Hall, High Road, at 8.40am. The service will begin at 9am
You may also want to watch:
Barkingside: Commemoration at Fairlop Waters Country Park, Forest Road. Arrive at 10.30am for 10.45am start
Snaresbrook: Service at the Garden of Remembrance, 10.45am
- 1 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 2 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 3 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 4 Ilford business owners adjust to new world on reopening
- 5 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 6 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 7 Redbridge leisure centres reopen after latest easing of restrictions
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 9 Physical and mental health long-Covid rehab programme launches in Ilford
- 10 Temporary post office to open in South Woodford
Sunday, November 12
Newbury Park: Service of Remembrance at the Ilford War Memorial Gardens, Eastern Avenue, organised by Redbridge Council and the Royal British Legion. Members of the public are asked to arrive by 10.40am, with the commemoration beginning at 10.50am.
Chigwell: Service by Rev Tony Bishop at Hainault War Memorial, Manford Way. Arrive by 10.40am for 10.45am start
Wanstead: Commemoration at Wanstead War Memorial, High Street, beginning at 12.30pm