Remembrance Day 2017: Full list of Redbridge services
- Credit: Archant
Soldiers past and present will be in the community’s thoughts next weekend, as a number of services are held to mark Remembrance Day.
Traditional commemorations are due to take place across the borough on November 11 and 12.
Read our round-up below for all the details.
Saturday, November 11
South Woodford: Dedication of the Field of Remembrance, High Road. Guests are asked to meet at St Mary’s Church Hall, High Road, at 8.40am. The service will begin at 9am
Barkingside: Commemoration at Fairlop Waters Country Park, Forest Road. Arrive at 10.30am for 10.45am start
Snaresbrook: Service at the Garden of Remembrance, 10.45am
- 1 Pair charged with creating fake Covid vaccination records
- 2 Ilford fast food restaurant permitted to open later
- 3 Newbury Park grass fire sees homes evacuated
- 4 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 5 Convicted killer 'attacked sister-in-law after repeated threats', court hears
- 6 Fairlop man locked up for rabbi assault
- 7 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 8 London among areas where drought is declared
- 9 Jailed: Ilford fraudster involved in £13m Ponzi scheme through property fraud
- 10 Five tower blocks included in housing plans for Sainsbury's in Ilford
Sunday, November 12
Newbury Park: Service of Remembrance at the Ilford War Memorial Gardens, Eastern Avenue, organised by Redbridge Council and the Royal British Legion. Members of the public are asked to arrive by 10.40am, with the commemoration beginning at 10.50am.
Chigwell: Service by Rev Tony Bishop at Hainault War Memorial, Manford Way. Arrive by 10.40am for 10.45am start
Wanstead: Commemoration at Wanstead War Memorial, High Street, beginning at 12.30pm