Reggae celebration One Love Festival 2016 returns to Hainault Country Park
- Credit: One Love
A reggae festival celebrating Bob Marley’s famous One Love concert has found a permanent home in Redbridge.
One Love Festival will take place at Hainault Forest Country Park, Foxburrow Road, Hainault from Friday September 2 until Sunday September 4.
Festival director Dan Wiltshire said he was “over the moon” the event was returning to Hainault after five years away from the venue.
He said: “It’s such a multi-cultural environment and us being such a cultural event it’s a perfect mix.
“It’s a great event for the community, it’s not just for kids, it’s for everybody.”
You may also want to watch:
And with this year’s festival being headlined by Lee Scratch Perry, 80, and Max Romeo, 71, Dan expects the event to attract customers of all ages.
“We’ve got a lot of artists that started in the 1960s all the way up to the 1980s,” said Dan.
- 1 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 2 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 3 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 4 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 5 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 6 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 7 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 8 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 9 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
- 10 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
“It’s a very peaceful happy event and we are very proud of that.”
More than 100 acts have already been annouced for the three-day celebration, with one more headliner still to be revealed.
The event was launched nine years ago inspired by king of reggae Bob Marley’s famous 1978 One Love Peace Concert in Kingston, Jamaica.
The concert was held during a political civil war in the country between opposing parties Jamaican Labour Party and the People’s National Party.
During a performance of Jammin’, Marley joined the hands of political rivals Michael Manley (PNP) and Edward Seaga (JLP).
For tickets visit onelovefestival.co.uk