RedbridgeCVS marks World TB day
An all day awareness raising event at RedbridgeCVS will be held to mark World TB (tuberculosis) day on March 24.
The dangers of tuberculosis and how it can be treated and cured will be discussed as part of World TB day on March 24.
There will be a Q&A session at Redbridge CVS, and other health examinations for blood pressure, diabetes and BMI checks, will be offered.
Redbridge CVS has been commissioned by Redbridge Public Health to hold awareness sessions in schools, places of faith and other locations in the borough.
The interactive sessions are offered in a variety of different languages and usually last around 30-45 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
It is part of a pilot TB awareness project which began last October, aiming to combat “unacceptable” levels of TB in Redbridge.
Speaking about the Redbridge based project, TB Awareness Project coordinator Ola Kanu said: “It’s something that’s not being done anywhere else.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 5 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 6 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 7 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 8 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
- 9 School Streets scheme to expand in September
- 10 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
“People don’t really realise that it can affect people of any age.”
The event will take place at 10.30am until 4.30pm at Forest House in Clements Road, Ilford.
For more information call 020 8514 9617.