RedbridgeCVS marks World TB day
An all day awareness raising event at RedbridgeCVS will be held to mark World TB (tuberculosis) day on March 24.
The dangers of tuberculosis and how it can be treated and cured will be discussed as part of World TB day on March 24.
There will be a Q&A session at Redbridge CVS, and other health examinations for blood pressure, diabetes and BMI checks, will be offered.
Redbridge CVS has been commissioned by Redbridge Public Health to hold awareness sessions in schools, places of faith and other locations in the borough.
The interactive sessions are offered in a variety of different languages and usually last around 30-45 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
It is part of a pilot TB awareness project which began last October, aiming to combat “unacceptable” levels of TB in Redbridge.
Speaking about the Redbridge based project, TB Awareness Project coordinator Ola Kanu said: “It’s something that’s not being done anywhere else.
- 1 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 2 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 6 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 7 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 8 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 9 Iain Duncan Smith reveals death threat as MPs pay tribute to 'unfailingly kind' colleague
- 10 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
“People don’t really realise that it can affect people of any age.”
The event will take place at 10.30am until 4.30pm at Forest House in Clements Road, Ilford.
For more information call 020 8514 9617.