Redbridge Youth Parliament: Candidates must nominate themselves by November 14
- Credit: Archant
Aspiring politicians who are committed and passionate can now nominate themselves to be a youth parliament candidate.
The annual Redbridge Youth Election will see two youth members of parliament - or MYPs - and two deputies elected in February next year.
Candidates have until November 14 to nominate themselves and must submit details of 10 young people aged 11-19 years old living or studying in Redbridge who support their application.
To nominate yourself you must be aged between 12 to 17 on March 31 2015.
A Redbridge Council spokesman said: “This is your chance to be part of the UK Youth Parliament and debate in the House of Commons as well as taking an active part in local democracy in Redbridge.”
You may also want to watch:
The elections will take place between Monday February 2 to Thursday February 12 2015.
The results will be announced at the end of March next year.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 6 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 7 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 8 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 9 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 10 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
For more information, please visit www.redbridge.gov.uk