Teacher from Chadwell Heath primary school is officially a hero
- Credit: Archant
A teacher from a Chadwell Heath primary school is officially a hero.
Muhamet Halilaj from Chadwell Primary School has been declared Redbridge’s Active School Hero, an award designed to recognise primary school staff who inspire kids to get moving.
Now in its second year, the collaboration between Nike and ukactive Kids — the UK’s leading not-for-profit health body for the physical activity sector — sees one finalist advance from each London borough, with the overall winner to be chosen in November.
The year six teacher has been selected for his work as the school’s sports coordinator, and is widely credited for changing how pupils view the virtues of sport.
As the borough’s winner, Muhamet will receive professional development from Nike and Youth Sport Trust, alongside an invite to the winners’ event,
You may also want to watch:
Should he come out on top, elite Nike athletes will be heading to Chadwell Primary School.
For more information, visit activeschoolhero.com.
- 1 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 2 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 7 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 8 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
- 9 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 10 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder