Redbridge swimming club for disabled and those with learning disabilities welcoming new members
A club for disabled swimmers and those with learning disabilities of all ages is welcoming new members.
The Redbridge Dippers Swimming Club has sessions at Fullwell Cross Leisure Centre, in High Street, Barkingside, twice a week.
The group was founded in 1977 by current president Hilda Lyons, who runs the club with a team of volunteers who work with members to allow everyone to enjoy swimming.
The club also runs social events, outings and trips.
Sessions are on Tuesday evenings and Sunday afternoons.
You may also want to watch:
For information on joining, call Gloria Mead on 020 3556 4825.
- 1 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 2 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 6 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 7 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 8 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 9 Iain Duncan Smith reveals death threat as MPs pay tribute to 'unfailingly kind' colleague
- 10 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London