Redbridge swimming club for disabled and those with learning disabilities welcoming new members
A club for disabled swimmers and those with learning disabilities of all ages is welcoming new members.
The Redbridge Dippers Swimming Club has sessions at Fullwell Cross Leisure Centre, in High Street, Barkingside, twice a week.
The group was founded in 1977 by current president Hilda Lyons, who runs the club with a team of volunteers who work with members to allow everyone to enjoy swimming.
The club also runs social events, outings and trips.
Sessions are on Tuesday evenings and Sunday afternoons.
You may also want to watch:
For information on joining, call Gloria Mead on 020 3556 4825.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 4 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 7 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 10 Hainault woman celebrates 100th birthday with mayoral visit