Redbridge Sports and Leisure Centre unveils international standard hockey and football pitches
- Credit: Archant
Sporty youngsters can now enjoy two new hockey and football pitches.
The artificial turf pitches were officially opened at Redbridge Sports and Leisure Centre, Forest Road, Barkingside, on Tuesday.
The event was followed by an under-11s and under-13s hockey competition so players could use them for the first time.
Business development manager, Matt Reynolds, said: “The new surface will enable both hockey and football players to make use of the pitches, for events as well as for local clubs, schools, colleges and universities who make up many of the 750,000 visitors to the centre each year.”
The new pitches were made possible through funding from Sport England and England Hockey.
You may also want to watch:
Ken Leggate, CEO of Redbridge Sports and Leisure, said: “The fact the pitches conform to international hockey specifications maintains the standards of the centre’s outstanding sport and fitness facilities, which are for the benefit of the local community.”
- 1 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 2 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 5 East London police officer charged with rape
- 6 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 7 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 8 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 9 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 10 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out