Redbridge Sports and Leisure Centre unveils international standard hockey and football pitches
- Credit: Archant
Sporty youngsters can now enjoy two new hockey and football pitches.
The artificial turf pitches were officially opened at Redbridge Sports and Leisure Centre, Forest Road, Barkingside, on Tuesday.
The event was followed by an under-11s and under-13s hockey competition so players could use them for the first time.
Business development manager, Matt Reynolds, said: “The new surface will enable both hockey and football players to make use of the pitches, for events as well as for local clubs, schools, colleges and universities who make up many of the 750,000 visitors to the centre each year.”
The new pitches were made possible through funding from Sport England and England Hockey.
You may also want to watch:
Ken Leggate, CEO of Redbridge Sports and Leisure, said: “The fact the pitches conform to international hockey specifications maintains the standards of the centre’s outstanding sport and fitness facilities, which are for the benefit of the local community.”
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 7 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School