Redbridge schools benefit from 4,931 free Olympics and Paralympics tickets
Redbridge schools were among the top beneficiaries of free Olympic tickets from Games organisers and the Mayor of London on Friday.
The borough’s pupils and accompanying adults received 4,931 tickets to the Olympic and Paralympic Games later in the year.
Only five London boroughs out of 33 received more tickets than Redbridge, with Enfield awarded the largest allocation of 5,506 tickets.
Schools in the borough received letters from Boris Johnson to tell them which sports, sessions and venues their children will be going to.
The schools are part of the London 2012 ‘Get Set’ Education Network with 2,419 schools across the capital benefiting.
You may also want to watch:
54 per cent of the Redbridge ticket will be for Olympic competitions, with the rest for the Paralympics in September.
And 65 per cent of the total tickets awarded will give pupils and their accompanying adults the opportunity to visit the Olympic Park in Stratford, east London.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 3 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 4 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 5 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 6 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 7 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 8 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 9 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 10 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
Mr Johnson said: “We’re heading into what will surely be the most exciting and inspiring summer of sport this country has every seen, and it is only right that the capital’s young people are at the heart of the action.”
Was your school one of the lucky ones? Let us know what you are going to see through Twitter or by emailing email@example.com.