Redbridge’s opportunity to bounce on life-size Stonehenge
It isn’t every day that you get the opportunity to hop, skip and bounce your way around a national landmark.
People in Redbridge will have a unique chance to jump all over Stonehenge in August when a life-size inflatable replica comes to town.
The bouncy castle like no other is visiting Christchurch Green, off Wanstead High Street, as part of a national tour to celebrate the Olympic Games.
It was created by Turner Prize-winning artist Jeremy Deller and was jointly commissioned by the Mayor of London and the Glasgow International Festival of Visual Art.
Visitors are free to somersault all over the art installation, called Sacrilege, and to look the part they can download druid beards from www.sacrilege2012.co.uk.
You may also want to watch:
Mayor of London Boris Johnson said: “Sacrilege is a wonderfully witty, quite literal leap into ancient British history and a fantastic example of the irreverence that are hallmarks of our great British humour and our incomparable artists.”
Wanstead is the 21st stop of 25 across the UK on August 11.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
Opening times and weather conditions can be seen by following Sacrilege on Twitter @Sacrilege2012.