Redbridge’s Holby City actor Chizzy Akudolu will line up on Strictly Come Dancing
- Credit: PA
A Redbridge resident is one of the celebrities confirmed for this year’s Strictly Come Dancing.
Former Holby City star Chizzy Akudolu is one of 15 famous faces to embrace the sequins for the popular prime-time TV show.
Chizzy, who has lived in Redbridge for the past few years, recently hosted talent contest MonologueSlam UK at Theatre Royal Stratford East.
The 43-year-old left Holby in June after five years as surgeon Mo Effanga.
Announcing her signing on social media, Chizzy said: “When I was 13, I made the finals of a disco dancing competition once but there was this amazing girl who exploded on to the stage with a gorgeous sequined costume, throwing glitter everywhere.
“I knew it was game over for me. That was then, this is now and this is my chance to have even more sequins!”
Chizzy has previously starred on screen in EastEnders, Green Wing and The Inbetweeners.
- 1 Search continues for man who fled scene of Loxford stabbing
- 2 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 3 Events held to mark Ilford Christmas lights switch-on
- 4 No more strikes planned at school but dispute resolution unclear
- 5 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 6 Missing man seen on Chigwell Road found 'safe and well'
- 7 Update on search for older man walking barefoot along Chigwell Road
- 8 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 9 Things to do in east London this weekend
- 10 Waiting almost over as business award winners to be revealed