Redbridge’s businesses expect to be boosted by Royal wedding
REDBRIDGE traders were today celebrating the announcement of a royal wedding between Kate Middleton and Prince William, and are keen to play their part in commemorating the day.
Town centre bosses say next year’s spring or summer wedding may pick up trade, and will be discussing ways to decorate Ilford Town Centre for the landmark event.
Neil Davies, Ilford Town Centre manager said although souvenirs weren’t as popular as they once were, traders would find other ways to commemorate the day.
“Everyone will want to remember it - who knows, we might see USB sticks as part of the merchandise available!”
“We will discuss plans to decorate the town centre in our December meeting.” William, 28, proposed to Kate, also 28, while on holiday in Kenya in October this year.
You may also want to watch:
Today, Clarence House announced the news, saying: “The Prince of Wales is delighted to announce the engagement of Prince William to Miss Catherine Middleton.”
Steve Miller, district town centre manager, echoed Mr Davis, saying the wedding would see many traders “rubbing their hands.”
- 1 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 2 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 3 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 4 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 5 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 6 'Help people find moments of beauty within the trauma': BHRUT chaplain supports staff during pandemic
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 9 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
Ilford North MP Lee Scott added: “I am absolutely delighted, I have the utmost respect for the royal family and hope the day will see everyone come together to celebrate.” Will you be helping out on the big day, or do you have a royal connection? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.