Redbridge’s businesses expect to be boosted by Royal wedding
REDBRIDGE traders were today celebrating the announcement of a royal wedding between Kate Middleton and Prince William, and are keen to play their part in commemorating the day.
Town centre bosses say next year’s spring or summer wedding may pick up trade, and will be discussing ways to decorate Ilford Town Centre for the landmark event.
Neil Davies, Ilford Town Centre manager said although souvenirs weren’t as popular as they once were, traders would find other ways to commemorate the day.
“Everyone will want to remember it - who knows, we might see USB sticks as part of the merchandise available!”
“We will discuss plans to decorate the town centre in our December meeting.” William, 28, proposed to Kate, also 28, while on holiday in Kenya in October this year.
You may also want to watch:
Today, Clarence House announced the news, saying: “The Prince of Wales is delighted to announce the engagement of Prince William to Miss Catherine Middleton.”
Steve Miller, district town centre manager, echoed Mr Davis, saying the wedding would see many traders “rubbing their hands.”
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 3 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 4 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 5 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 6 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 7 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 8 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 9 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
Ilford North MP Lee Scott added: “I am absolutely delighted, I have the utmost respect for the royal family and hope the day will see everyone come together to celebrate.” Will you be helping out on the big day, or do you have a royal connection? Email email@example.com.