Redbridge’s businesses expect to be boosted by Royal wedding
REDBRIDGE traders were today celebrating the announcement of a royal wedding between Kate Middleton and Prince William, and are keen to play their part in commemorating the day.
Town centre bosses say next year’s spring or summer wedding may pick up trade, and will be discussing ways to decorate Ilford Town Centre for the landmark event.
Neil Davies, Ilford Town Centre manager said although souvenirs weren’t as popular as they once were, traders would find other ways to commemorate the day.
“Everyone will want to remember it - who knows, we might see USB sticks as part of the merchandise available!”
“We will discuss plans to decorate the town centre in our December meeting.” William, 28, proposed to Kate, also 28, while on holiday in Kenya in October this year.
You may also want to watch:
Today, Clarence House announced the news, saying: “The Prince of Wales is delighted to announce the engagement of Prince William to Miss Catherine Middleton.”
Steve Miller, district town centre manager, echoed Mr Davis, saying the wedding would see many traders “rubbing their hands.”
- 1 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 3 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 4 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 5 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 7 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 8 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 9 Mosque director: Ilford egg attack highlights Islamophobia Muslims face
- 10 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
Ilford North MP Lee Scott added: “I am absolutely delighted, I have the utmost respect for the royal family and hope the day will see everyone come together to celebrate.” Will you be helping out on the big day, or do you have a royal connection? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.