Redbridge results: Wanstead High School achieves best A-level grades ever
- Credit: Archant
Students at Wanstead High School are celebrating their best year of A-level results yet, with more than half of all grades A* to B.
Pupils at the school in Redbridge Lane West, Wanstead, were delighted as almost a quarter of results were A* to A.
Headteacher Bob Hamlyn said “These results make me incredibly proud of all the students, teachers and support staff who worked so hard to make this possible.
“We know that these young people leaving Wanstead High School have a bright future, and we will continue to strive to do better every year so that all our students can look forward to such opportunities.”
Many students got into their first choice for university.
You may also want to watch:
The high grades came in a huge variety of subjects from classical civilisation to further maths.
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 4 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 5 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 6 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 7 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 8 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?
- 9 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 10 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods