Redbridge results: Outstanding performances at Ilford’s Ursuline Academy
- Credit: Archant
There were some outstanding performances at Ursuline Academy as A-level students came to pick up their results this morning.
With 100 per cent pass rate A to E, 80.6pc of grades achieved at the school in Morland Road, Ilford, were A* to C.
The school was quite quiet, when the doors opened at 9am this morning, with many students checking their results online before coming in to collect them.
Headteacher Keran Reilly said: “There is less of that big rush than we used to have a few years ago.
“But there are so many outstanding performances. We are very pleased with the results - it has been a good year.”
You may also want to watch:
Grace-Mary Sweeney, 18, and Rosie Cassidy, 18, were among those achieving very high results.
With two A* and an A, Grace has secured a place to study Law at the London School of Economics (LSE).
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 6 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 8 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 9 Which venues have been crowned Redbridge's Hospitality Heroes?
- 10 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
“I am so happy I cannot believe it,” said Grace, who described the teaching at her school as “amazing”.
Her mum added: “Grace has loved every day of school and had some really inspiring teachers.”
Her friend Rosie Cassidy also received excellent results with an A* and two A’s and is going on to study Psychology at the University of Sussex.
“I was not expecting these results - I am really happy,” she said.