Redbridge results: Outstanding performances at Ilford’s Ursuline Academy
- Credit: Archant
There were some outstanding performances at Ursuline Academy as A-level students came to pick up their results this morning.
With 100 per cent pass rate A to E, 80.6pc of grades achieved at the school in Morland Road, Ilford, were A* to C.
The school was quite quiet, when the doors opened at 9am this morning, with many students checking their results online before coming in to collect them.
Headteacher Keran Reilly said: “There is less of that big rush than we used to have a few years ago.
“But there are so many outstanding performances. We are very pleased with the results - it has been a good year.”
You may also want to watch:
Grace-Mary Sweeney, 18, and Rosie Cassidy, 18, were among those achieving very high results.
With two A* and an A, Grace has secured a place to study Law at the London School of Economics (LSE).
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 3 Man taken to 'trauma centre' after head injury at Hainault station
- 4 Murder investigation launched after fatal stabbing of teen in Loxford
- 5 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 6 Man charged in connection with alleged police car ramming in Ilford
- 7 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 8 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 9 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 10 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
“I am so happy I cannot believe it,” said Grace, who described the teaching at her school as “amazing”.
Her mum added: “Grace has loved every day of school and had some really inspiring teachers.”
Her friend Rosie Cassidy also received excellent results with an A* and two A’s and is going on to study Psychology at the University of Sussex.
“I was not expecting these results - I am really happy,” she said.