Redbridge results: ‘Future is bright’ for Wanstead High School A-level students
- Credit: Archant
Wanstead High School’s headteacher Bob Hamlyn said “the future is bright for our A-level students”, after many got into top universities.
At the school in Redbridge Lane West, Wanstead, more than 98 per cent of exams were passed, with A to E grades.
Mr Hamlyn told the Recorder: “We are very pleased with a terrific set of results.
Many students from Wanstead High School are off to study at some of the country’s top universities.
“We have youngsters who are now going off to Cambridge, Sheffield, King’s London, University College London and other great universities.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hamlyn highlighted Scarlett Milner-Stopps who achieved 2 A*s and a A to get into Exeter University, Jessica Phillips will study at the University of Cambridge and Victor Ivanov who achieved 3 A*s to study Physics at Warwick University.
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 3 Man taken to 'trauma centre' after head injury at Hainault station
- 4 Murder investigation launched after fatal stabbing of teen in Loxford
- 5 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 6 Man charged in connection with alleged police car ramming in Ilford
- 7 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 8 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 9 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 10 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation