Redbridge results: Forest Academy in Hainault celebrates record breaking set of A-levels
- Credit: Archant
History-making Forest Academy students celebrated getting the school’s best ever set of A-level results, with a pass rate of 99 per cent.
In total 58pc of grades at the school in Harbourer Road, Hainault, were A* to B, and 79pc A* to C.
Ed MacLeod, assistant principal and director of sixth form, said: “Congratulations to our record breaking sixth form students.
“We are delighted to announce that our students achieved record results in their A-level and BTEC qualifications this summer.”
Mr MacLeod said it was even more remarkable “considering many courses are brand new specifications with reduced coursework components”.
You may also want to watch:
He continued: “Most importantly all students have secured their progression routes, with record numbers going to university, including Russell Group institutions, apprenticeships and employment.
“We are so proud of our young people and thankful to their families, teachers and support staff for all of their care, support and guidance during the students’ time at the school.”
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 4 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 5 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 6 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 7 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 8 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?
- 9 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 10 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
Forest was particularly proud of Year 13 pupil Domantas Butnorius, who achieved an A*, two As and a B, and is going to Bath University to study mechanical engineering.
Year 12 boy Mehdi Khan gained four A grades biology, chemistry, maths and further maths at AS-level.