Redbridge results: Another record year at Seven Kings High School
- Credit: Archant
There were laughs and tears - most of them of joy – at the Seven Kings High School this morning as A-level students came to pick up their results.
The school in Ley Street, Ilford, boasts 84 per cent of grades A* to C, with 65pc of grades A to B or above.
A total of 28 students achieved straight A*/A in all their subjects and a number of students gained access to Oxbridge, Medicine and Dentistry.
Executive headteacher Tracy Smith said: “We are absolutely delighted to be celebrating outstanding A-level results. Students should be congratulated for their hard work and to our staff, This is possible because of the support of our parents and our community.
“I am extremely proud of our continuing legacy in improving the life chances of our young people in east London.”
You may also want to watch:
Tasneem Hussain, 18, told the Recorder she was “ecstatic” after learning she had met the grades to study Medicine at Norwich Medical School.
“This is always what I wanted to do! I am so excited about it,” she said.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 6 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 8 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 9 Which venues have been crowned Redbridge's Hospitality Heroes?
- 10 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
Iqra Choudhary, 18, was also delighted with her two A* and two A’s and she made it into Dentistry at Queen Mary University in London.
Keen sport player Morgan John, 18, was happy with his results and excited to start in September at Loughborough University.
Ruqia Aidarus, 18, also received excellent results and will go to study Biochemistry at UCL in London.
“I was so surprised! It’s crazy,” she added.