Redbridge ready for FA Cup showdown
Redbridge boss Terry Spillane says Saturday’s FA Cup first-round home tie against Southern Premier League leaders Oxford City is the ‘biggest and toughest game of our lives’.
If the Motormen progress to round two, it will be the furthest the club have ever gone in the competition and sets up a potential big day out for the lowest-ranked side left in the Cup.
“We have been trying to keep things as normal as possible, but it is only human for everyone to get excited about Saturday,” admitted Spillane.
“It is the biggest and toughest game of our lives and Oxford City won’t be taking us lightly after what we have achieved in knocking out Wingate, Bury Town and Ebbsfleet along the way.
“It is a big day for Oxford as well, so they are going to be up for it, no question.”
You may also want to watch:
Billy Sendall will miss the game with a one-match ban after picking up his fifth yellow card in the last round, while Tommy Spillane is rated as doubtful.
Oxford went top of the Southern Premier on Tuesday night with a 4-1 win over Arlesey.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 3 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 4 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 5 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
Tickets will be available on the gate at Oakside priced �10 adults, �6 concessions and �1.50 under-16s.
The ground is situated in Stations Road, Barkingside, behind Barkingside tube.