Redbridge police crackdown on criminals
There will be no escape for criminals today as they will be targeted by the Metropolitan Police in all 32 London boroughs.
Officers in Redbridge will be joined by specialist colleagues to carry out arrests, search warrants, licensing enforcement, Automatic Number Plate Recognition operations and high visibility patrols as part of Operation Big Wing.
Ch Supt Simon Letchford said: “Today’s operation is about showing Londoners that we have listened to their concerns and we are committed to taking robust, preventative and disruptive action to stop this criminal activity and make their communities safer.
“It’s also about warning those intent on breaking the law and engaging in criminal activity that we will be doing everything we can to stop them, and wherever possible we will be putting them before the courts.”
Street briefings and police surgeries are being held to inform the public on what is being done to tackle crime and disorder.
You may also want to watch:
Ch Supt added: “Officers from every part of the Met have been mobilised and will be out and about on your streets today, tackling the crimes that affect your neighbourhood.”
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 5 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 6 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 7 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 8 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 9 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 10 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder