Redbridge police crackdown on criminals
There will be no escape for criminals today as they will be targeted by the Metropolitan Police in all 32 London boroughs.
Officers in Redbridge will be joined by specialist colleagues to carry out arrests, search warrants, licensing enforcement, Automatic Number Plate Recognition operations and high visibility patrols as part of Operation Big Wing.
Ch Supt Simon Letchford said: “Today’s operation is about showing Londoners that we have listened to their concerns and we are committed to taking robust, preventative and disruptive action to stop this criminal activity and make their communities safer.
“It’s also about warning those intent on breaking the law and engaging in criminal activity that we will be doing everything we can to stop them, and wherever possible we will be putting them before the courts.”
Street briefings and police surgeries are being held to inform the public on what is being done to tackle crime and disorder.
You may also want to watch:
Ch Supt added: “Officers from every part of the Met have been mobilised and will be out and about on your streets today, tackling the crimes that affect your neighbourhood.”
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
- 3 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 4 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 5 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 6 Lorry driver cleared over elderly couple's crash deaths, inquest hears
- 7 Clouds, rain and sunny intervals: East London weather forecast this week
- 8 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 9 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 10 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts