Redbridge Police arrest 18 during cross-border operation
- Credit: Archant
Redbridge Police took part in a cross border operation targeting burglars, thieves, robbers, and those handling stolen goods on Tuesday.
The 12-hour operation - called Operation Cronus – saw police from four divisions make 38 arrests in total, including 18 by Redbridge police.
Det Insp Ian Bowles of Redbridge CID believes despite his team’s efforts victims, who suffer at the hands of thieves, can never recover the true value of some stolen items.
He said: “The sentimental value of many items targeted by thieves is something that you simply can’t put a price on.
“Our efforts on Tuesday aimed to save people the pain of falling victim to thieves.
You may also want to watch:
“I would urge anyone who owns valuable jewellery to keep a photographic record of it and properly mark any larger items with your postcode.
“This means that if we recover your property we can identify it and get it back to you quickly. Please continue to work with us to keep your property safe.”
- 1 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 2 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 3 TfL admits wrongly charging supercar driver almost £1k in emission fees
- 4 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 5 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 6 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 7 'I know how much they help': Teacher to continue motivational sessions
- 8 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 9 Parents of man with special educational needs slam council over his care
- 10 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
The operation saw police issue three cautions, seize eight vehicles, issue one cannabis warning and issue 12 fines.
Arrests included burglars, bogus callers, car thieves, robbers, drug dealers and users and one person that was wanted on an international arrest warrant for three counts of serious assault.
The Operation included Barking and Dagenham Police, Redbridge Police, Havering Police, Essex Police, Traffic officers, Dog units, Mounted Branch, Transport for London, Search teams and the Territorial Support Group.
All boroughs were supported by local authority CCTV units.