Redbridge pensioners hold celebratory Diamond Jubilee tea party
Pensioners in Redbridge paid their respects to the Queen with their Diamond Jubilee party on Monday.
Redbridge Pensioners’ Forum held a tea party at Hainault Forest Community Centre in Manford Way. They were joined by Mayor of Redbridge Cllr Muhammed Javed.
A DJ played traditional tunes and “patriotic music” to entertain the group of about 70 people, according to forum chairman John Coombes.
Guests also had a lunch with sandwiches and cakes.
The party was held after the official Diamond Jubilee weekend earlier this month because of the time involved in applying for a venue.
You may also want to watch:
The party was organised by the forum’s social committee and received �500 funding from charity Age UK.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 5 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 6 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
- 9 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones