Redbridge pensioners hold celebratory Diamond Jubilee tea party
Pensioners in Redbridge paid their respects to the Queen with their Diamond Jubilee party on Monday.
Redbridge Pensioners’ Forum held a tea party at Hainault Forest Community Centre in Manford Way. They were joined by Mayor of Redbridge Cllr Muhammed Javed.
A DJ played traditional tunes and “patriotic music” to entertain the group of about 70 people, according to forum chairman John Coombes.
Guests also had a lunch with sandwiches and cakes.
The party was held after the official Diamond Jubilee weekend earlier this month because of the time involved in applying for a venue.
You may also want to watch:
The party was organised by the forum’s social committee and received �500 funding from charity Age UK.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 5 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 6 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 8 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha