Redbridge Music Lounge host Macmillan coffee morning
- Credit: Archant
From live music to raffles and face painting, Ilford residents laid on a host of activities to mark Macmillan Cancer Support’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning.
The annual event, which saw people get together for parties on Friday and Saturday, made a record-breaking £15 million for Macmillan last year.
The Redbridge Music Lounge kicked off the entertainment on Friday, with a number of performances as well as refreshments.
Their event, at the walled garden in Valentine’s Mansion, Emerson Road, collected approximately £300, which chair Chris Wyatt called “very pleasing”.
King George Hospital also got in the act, selling cakes which had been donated by staff and patients and raffle tickets.
You may also want to watch:
A total of £2,081 was raised in conjunction with Queen’s Hospital, Romford.
Organisers Alix Holmes and Heather Wright called it a “fantastic turnout” and said it was the first Macmillan coffee morning they had held.
- 1 Medical student who helped injured biker calls for more first aid training
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 4 Woman and children treated for smoke inhalation after Ilford flat fire
- 5 Panel finds ex-police officer would have been sacked for neighbour comments
- 6 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 7 Letter: High-density housing plans in Redbridge
- 8 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 9 Primary school creates memorial garden for pupils to remember loved ones
- 10 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest