Redbridge MP gives Christmas wishes to Royal Mail employees
- Credit: Archant
A Redbridge MP has visited a Royal Mail delivery office to wish employees a Merry Christmas.
Mike Gapes, who represents Ilford South, popped down to Chadwick Road, Ilford, to encourage staff who have worked during the busiest time of the year.
He was also given a tour by the office’s manager Danny Ainsworth.
Mr Gapes said: “It was great to meet the dedicated, hard-working Royal Mail postmen and women at Ilford’s delivery office and to see first-hand just how much effort they put into delivering for people at this time of year.
“I would like to thank them for their efforts and wish them all the best.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Ainsworth added: “Our people pull out all the stops throughout the year to ensure mail is delivered quickly, but even more so over the busy festive period.
“We are grateful that Mike Gapes came along to see the hard work that goes on behind the scenes.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 4 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 5 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 6 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 7 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
“Our people do a fantastic job at this time of year to ensure that friends and families stay in touch through their Christmas greetings and gifts.”