Redbridge Mayor’s Community Awards celebrate borough’s best and brightest
- Credit: Redbridge Council
Dedicated volunteers, hard-working fundraisers and high-achieving youngsters were celebrated at the Mayor’s Community Awards last night.
Redbridge Town Hall, High Road, Ilford, was packed out for the ceremony, hosted by Mayor of Redbridge Cllr Barbara White.
She said: “Tonight is the night when we honour citizens of Redbridge. There are some wonderful people here but there are also a lot of wonderful people who are not here.
“They are the ones who do so much work and keep the borough alive by all the work they do.
“They care for the elderly, they care for the young and they do it all with a smile on their faces and not a thought for finances.”
You may also want to watch:
The Mayor also presented a special award to her appeal committee.
She said: “It’s just a little token of my respect, admiration and thanks for all that they do.”
- 1 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 2 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 3 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 4 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 5 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 6 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 7 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 8 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 9 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
- 10 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
The full results were:
Best business contribution to the community
Winner: Ask Care Ltd
Runner-up: Nando’s Ilford
Caring for others in Redbridge
Winner: Rasik Shah
Runner-up: Brian Mitchell
Runner-up: Ask Care Ltd
Contribution in support of young people
Individual winner: Brian and Helen Gilman, 18th Epping Forest South Scout Group - Beavers
Organisation winner: Julie Austin and Jenny Colclough, SRS Barnehurst Sea Rangers
Making a greener Redbridge
Individual winner: Muhammad Gangat
Organsation winner: Redbridge Conservation Volunteers
Winner: Helen Phillips
Runners-up: Brian Mazdon and Frank Collins of Maybank Community Association, and Neeta Kanagaratnam
Winners: Wanstead Playground Association
Runners-up: Glencoe Avenue Residents’ Group and Social Indian Traditional Association (SITA)
Creating a safer Redbridge
Winner: Geraldine Maclaine
Runner-up: Danny O’Brien
Winner: Park Neighbourhood Watch
Young Citizen Award
Winner: Jameel Campbell
Runner-up: Jack Palmer
See next Thursday’s Recorder for full coverage and pictures from the night.