Redbridge leisure centres reopen after latest easing of restrictions
- Credit: Vision Redbridge Culture & Leisure
Redbridge's leisure centres have reopened today (April 12) after the latest easing of restrictions.
Vision Redbridge Culture and Leisure (RCL) said all its centres are Covid-secure through a combination of repositioned gym equipment and limiting the numbers to each session.
Hand sanitising stations and additional cleaning measures have also been employed at all facilities.
Matthew Essex, director of regeneration and culture at Redbridge Council, said: “We’re fortunate to have a great range of leisure facilities in the borough which we know people have missed whilst they have been closed.
"We’ve used the lockdown periods productively to improve and undertake maintenance across all of our sites, and we’re looking forward to welcoming residents back next week."
You may also want to watch:
A brand new gym has been installed at the Woodford Green Library site in Snakes Lane, while Ashton Playing Fields has had a £1.6million revamp.
For further information, visit visionrcl.org.uk/sport-health-physical-fitness/centres/
- 1 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 2 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 3 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 4 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 5 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 6 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 7 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 9 Plans for three year extension to scheme targeting people using prostitutes
- 10 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings