Redbridge Judo Club bag impressive medal haul
Redbridge triumph at Herts and Essex Judo Championship
Redbridge Judo Club came back from the Herts and Essex Judo Championship with 14 medals on Saturday.
The event, which took place at Harlow Leisure Centre saw players from the club, as young as eight compete in the Championships with success for all their competitors as they earned five gold, one silver and seven bronze medals.
In the aged eight/nine category, Ben Shawyer picked up bronze, whilst Samantha Gipp and Clara Morrison scooped gold.
Barry Turi and Alexandra Kennedy-Lewis also earned bronze in their groups as Thomas Drayton brought home a gold medal.
You may also want to watch:
Bronze went to Charlie Field, with Sam Tully and Jamin Hazell picking up golds.
John Fawsett won the only silver in the men’s senior orange belt as Tobias Davis and Adam Conway earned a gold and bronze respectively.
- 1 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 2 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 3 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 4 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 5 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 6 'Help people find moments of beauty within the trauma': BHRUT chaplain supports staff during pandemic
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 9 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
Sam Pettet and Gordon Kennedy completed the medallists as they both scooped bronze medals in their category.
Steve Sandy, senior club coach was delighted with all their performances.
“I am so proud of the heart that my players showed at this event and how hard they tried.Everyone did their best,” he said.