Redbridge Judo Club bag impressive medal haul
Redbridge triumph at Herts and Essex Judo Championship
Redbridge Judo Club came back from the Herts and Essex Judo Championship with 14 medals on Saturday.
The event, which took place at Harlow Leisure Centre saw players from the club, as young as eight compete in the Championships with success for all their competitors as they earned five gold, one silver and seven bronze medals.
In the aged eight/nine category, Ben Shawyer picked up bronze, whilst Samantha Gipp and Clara Morrison scooped gold.
Barry Turi and Alexandra Kennedy-Lewis also earned bronze in their groups as Thomas Drayton brought home a gold medal.
You may also want to watch:
Bronze went to Charlie Field, with Sam Tully and Jamin Hazell picking up golds.
John Fawsett won the only silver in the men’s senior orange belt as Tobias Davis and Adam Conway earned a gold and bronze respectively.
- 1 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 3 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 4 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 5 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 7 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 8 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 9 Mosque director: Ilford egg attack highlights Islamophobia Muslims face
- 10 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
Sam Pettet and Gordon Kennedy completed the medallists as they both scooped bronze medals in their category.
Steve Sandy, senior club coach was delighted with all their performances.
“I am so proud of the heart that my players showed at this event and how hard they tried.Everyone did their best,” he said.