Redbridge house prices rocket to average £328k but borough still one of London’s cheapest
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
The average home in Redbridge will now set you back a whopping £328,000 – but the borough is still one of the cheapest in London.
According to the Rightmove House Price Index, prices are up more than 6 per cent in just a month and 10pc since October 2012.
It mirrors a London-wide explosion in property prices that experts have called “unsustainable”.
While Redbridge is the fifth-cheapest borough in the capital, buying a home is out of reach for many.
Rightmove housing analyst Miles Shipside said average asking prices in more affordable outer London boroughs like Redbridge are still more than twice the average in the rest of England and Wales, but wages are not significantly higher.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “The buying power required to get onto or move up the housing ladder means many have to tap into the Bank of Mum and Dad.”
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 4 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 7 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 10 Hainault woman celebrates 100th birthday with mayoral visit