Redbridge hospital trust awards its outstanding employees
Outstanding hospital staff have been thanked for their dedication at a special award ceremony.
Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust’s annual awards honoured employees from King George Hospital, Barley Lane, Goodmayes and Queen’s Hospital, Romford.
Hundreds of nominations were received from grateful patients and colleagues for categories which included Outstanding Service, Inspirational Leadership and Hospital Hero.
Chief executive Averil Dongworth said: “Over the last year staff have been working extremely hard to improve care, deliver a better experience for patients and address criticisms we have faced on quality.
“The nominees and award-winners and setting the standard for all staff – delivering excellent service and compassionate care.”
You may also want to watch:
Among the winners were senior sister of King George’s Iris ward, Sinead Skelton, who was honoured for being an inspiration to student nurses and for her compassion and attention to detail in the category for inspirational leadership.
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 3 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 6 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 7 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 8 Man taken to 'trauma centre' after head injury at Hainault station
- 9 Man charged in connection with alleged police car ramming in Ilford
- 10 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
A&E hostess Vindi Tutter, who was described as being “an ambassador for the trust” was named as the winner of Outstanding Partner Service.
Award winners were presented with certificates and vouchers by Ms Dongworth and chairman George Wood.