Redbridge hospital charity to host open evenings
A charity which aims to improve the care of hospital patients will be holding two special open evenings
BHR Hospitals Charity, which will be changing its name to King George & Queen’s Hospitals Charity, will be holding an open evening for the community to find out more about the work they do.
Visitors will be able to experience some of the projects the charity has been able to fund, such as trying out a bedside recliner chair, mirror box therapy which helps rehabilitate stroke patients or even designing a bravery sticker for children.
The open evenings will be held on Thursday (November 8) at 6pm in the James Fawcett Centre, King George Hospital, Barley Lane, Goodmayes and The Education Centre, Queen’s Hospital, Romford the following day at 6pm.
Last year, the charity was able to spend �800,000 on improving King George and Queen’s hospitals by funding projects which were above the remit of the NHS.
You may also want to watch:
To attend the event, call 01708 435 000 and select extension 2922, or email email@example.com.
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
- 3 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 4 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 5 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 6 Lorry driver cleared over elderly couple's crash deaths, inquest hears
- 7 Clouds, rain and sunny intervals: East London weather forecast this week
- 8 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 9 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 10 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts