Redbridge hospital charity to host open evenings
A charity which aims to improve the care of hospital patients will be holding two special open evenings
BHR Hospitals Charity, which will be changing its name to King George & Queen’s Hospitals Charity, will be holding an open evening for the community to find out more about the work they do.
Visitors will be able to experience some of the projects the charity has been able to fund, such as trying out a bedside recliner chair, mirror box therapy which helps rehabilitate stroke patients or even designing a bravery sticker for children.
The open evenings will be held on Thursday (November 8) at 6pm in the James Fawcett Centre, King George Hospital, Barley Lane, Goodmayes and The Education Centre, Queen’s Hospital, Romford the following day at 6pm.
Last year, the charity was able to spend �800,000 on improving King George and Queen’s hospitals by funding projects which were above the remit of the NHS.
You may also want to watch:
To attend the event, call 01708 435 000 and select extension 2922, or email email@example.com.
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 5 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 6 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 7 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 8 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 9 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 10 Man dies after fall near Hainault station