Redbridge hit by wintry weather
FREEZING temperatures and snow-covered roads have led to inevitable transport delays and a handful of school closures today.
There are minor delays on the Central Line, with reports of a faulty train at Leyton.
Two schools scheduled to open today for their final day of term have been forced to stay shut.
They are: Newbridge School, which has campuses in Barley Lane, Goodmayes and Loxford Lane, Ilford, and Hatton School, Roding Lane South, Woodford Green.
Cranbrook Primary School, The Drive, Ilford, has opened today but will close at 2pm.
Children due to take 11+ exams today have been told the test will go ahead.
- 1 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
- 2 Ex football boss sets up fans club to increase diversity at England games
- 3 Driver charged in connection with fatal collision on M11 due in court
- 4 South Woodford care home loses Good CQC rating
- 5 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 6 Bus timetable change to 'better align' with hospital shifts
- 7 Senior councillor: Boost high streets by scrapping business rates
- 8 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 9 Rat-running lorry drivers in Redbridge face fines of up to £130
- 10 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder