Redbridge hit by wintry weather
FREEZING temperatures and snow-covered roads have led to inevitable transport delays and a handful of school closures today.
There are minor delays on the Central Line, with reports of a faulty train at Leyton.
Two schools scheduled to open today for their final day of term have been forced to stay shut.
They are: Newbridge School, which has campuses in Barley Lane, Goodmayes and Loxford Lane, Ilford, and Hatton School, Roding Lane South, Woodford Green.
Cranbrook Primary School, The Drive, Ilford, has opened today but will close at 2pm.
You may also want to watch:
Children due to take 11+ exams today have been told the test will go ahead.
- 1 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 2 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 3 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 4 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 5 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 6 Thames Water says its drainage systems did not fail during flash floods
- 7 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 8 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford